Hi and welcome to wackybecky adventures, a page with the list of my travel memoirs. :D
I’ll be updating this page regularly with new posts as I travel so expect newer entries each month!
If you have any questions in regards to the place I have been, do drop me an email/comment. I’ll do what I can to assist you!
Nepal: With Air Asia X – my latest video!
Hong Kong: Hong Kong es-capers Scavenger Hunt by Accor Hotels: Exploring Hong Kong in a fun & exciting way!
Langkawi: My stay at Ambong-Ambong – a tropical retreat on a hill
JAPAN 2013: With Hilton Hotels Worldwide
- One night in The Junior Suite at Hilton Tokyo, Shinjuku – Review & one morning walk in Shinjuku
- Conrad Tokyo – A Review of my stay in the Bay View Room – #HiltonHotelDeals
- Eating fresh, raw whale meat in Tsukiji Market, Tokyo, Japan
- TO BE UPDATED!
Australia: With Tourism Victoria & Tourism Australia
WATCH: wackybecky’s Australia Trip Video!
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 1, 18th Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 2, 19th Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 3, 20th Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 4, 21st Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 5, 22nd Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 6, 23rd Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 7, 24th Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 8, 25th Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne: Itinerary – Day 9, 26th Feb 2011 #BeckyinOzzie
- 10 days in Melbourne #BeckyinOzzie
- Day 2 Victoria, Australia – The Dandenong Ranges: I got bullied by the parrots! #BeckyinOzzie
- Day 2 Victoria, Australia – Australia’s Favourite Steam Train: The Puffing Billy!! #BeckyinOzzie
- Day 3 Melbourne (Philip Island): – Koala Conservation Centre #BeckyinOzzie
- Day 4: Victoria, Australia: Video & pictures of penguins at The Nobbies Centre, Philip Island
- Domaine Chandon, Yarra Valley, Victoria Australia & The Chandon NV Brut Tasting in KL
- Day 6 Victoria, Australia – Horse Riding: Beach & Bush Ride, Gunnamatta Equestrian Centre #BeckyinOzzie
- Day 7 Victoria, Australia – Annual Sand Sculpting Australia Exhibition at Frankston Waterfront #BeckyinOzzie
- Day 7: Dining @ The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant – Melbourne, Australia
- Day 7: Peninsula Hot Springs @Mornington Peninsular – Victoria, Australia
- Day 8: Melbourne Aquarium – Melbourne, Victoria – I did the SHARK WALK!!
- Day 9: Victoria, Australia – Bidding her farewell..
- Victoria, Australia: – My 10 days #BeckyinOzzie Adventures in a Video! Watch it!
CHINA: Exploring Chengdu, the Sichuan Province of China with Air Asia X!
- Sichuan food in Chengdu: 1st meal – Wei Tian Restaurant at Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding – Chengdu Panda base
- McDonalds and KFC in Chengdu – Vegetable Wrap with Rice Cakes & Grilled Chicken Burger
- New Century Global Centre – biggest building in the world in Chengdu China
- Going cultural in Chengdu: Mask Changing Opera performance & the Paradise Ethos Chinese Cultural Show, Happy Valley
- Yu Lin morning market in Chengdu, China
Europe: Paris – Amsterdam – Antwerp, Belgium with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.
Tanjong Jara Resort, Kuala Terengganu:
- Tanjong Jara Resort: What to do? - Here’s what I did!
- Tanjong Jara Resort, Spa Village: The philosophy of Suci Murni
- Tanjong Jara Resort: Seaside Dinner with Chef Florent Passard at Nelayan Restaurant
Pangkor Laut Resort – The Resident Package by YTL Hotels.
Melaka: The wonderful Casa del Rio, a boutique hotel one of its kind in Melaka
- Casa del Rio: The subtle touches that made this hotel an excellent choice for a vacation
- Casa del Rio Melaka – the infinity pool, gym, library, and MICE
- FEATURE: Peranakan “Tingkat” Set Lunch by Chef Baba William @ River Cafe, Casa del Rio Melaka
- The BIG LAUNCH: Peranakan “Tingkat” Set Lunch by Chef Baba William
Cherating: The annual sand sculpting competition with Holiday Villa!
Sabah: Exploring Pulau Tiga – the island for Survivor
Sarawak: Delightful cuisine, the Rainforest Music Festival 2012 and sago worms!
- Bintulu, Sarawak: Tune Hotels opens in Bintulu – Review, video and pictures!
- Bintulu Day 1: Evacuating the plane, getting lost, throwing up – all in my “experiencing Bintulu weekend”!
- SIBU 2011: JULY: Media Trip to Sibu, Sarawak with Firefly Airlines
- SIBU 2011: Rebecca Saw takes the “fear factor” challenge & eats a live fat sago worm!
- Sibu Night Market & Sibu Central Market, Sarawak – Firefly Trip 2011
- The Rainforest World Music Festival 2012 – Music, Lights, Action!
- Sarawak Food Hunt: How much we ate in 10 hours!
- Iban Longhouse in Sarawak Cultural Village – my accomodation for 4D3N
- Eating out in Kuching: Kuching Fried FooChow Noodles
- Eating out in Kuching: RH Food Fourt: Pork burgers, Kueh Chiap, Sarawak Kolo Mee, Sarawak Laksa and MORE!
- Eating out in Kuching: The famous open air market at night – Sio Bee, lovely delicious char siew pau, Mee Sapi, White Lady and The Matterhorn
Singapore: Universal Studios!
- Singapore – Prince of Wales Backpackers’ Hostel & Pub
- In Singapore again, backpackers’ style!
- Universal Studios Singapore: Ancient Egypt
- Universal Studios Singapore: Hollywood & New York
- Grocery Shopping in Singapore!
- NEW & Video included: The Transformer Ride: Be sure to go on the Cyclone!
BALI: CLUB MED BALI, Nusa Dua
- Club Med Bali: Body and Soul Program – Four Colors in 4 Days
- Club Med Bali: Body and Soul Program - Day 1 and 2 – Rejuvenation in Yellow and Energy in Red!
- Club Med Bali: Body and Soul Program - Day 3 and 4 – Balance in Green and Revitalization in Purple
- A tour of Club Med Bali: Discovery Centre, Swimming Pool, Kid’s Club
- The Beach, Watersports Centre, Club House, Circus, Fitness Centre @ Club Med Bali
- The Rooms: Club Room & the Suites Singapore – Pictures and Video
- Circus in Club Med – I did the Flying Trapeze!
Singapore: Marina Bay Sands, Celebrity Chefs Restaurants and Gardens by the Bay.
- Singapore: The Harry Potter Exhibiton at ArtScience Museum Singapore
- Singapore: Marina Bay Sands – Celebrity Chef restaurants Tour – Cut, Guy Savoy, db Bistro Moderne, Waku Ghin
- Wine For Asia 2011 – Asia’s most comprehensive wine exhibition and workshops
- Singapore: Marina Bay Sands – my room in Tower 3 (to be updated)
- Singapore – The Singapore Blog Awards 2012
- Singapore - Review of Changi Village Hotel of by Far East Hospitality, Singapore
Thailand: Bangkok, Hat Yai and more
- BANGKOK – World Gourmet Festival 2012 – Interviewing international invited chefs & cooking demonstrations
- BANGKOK – World Gourmet Festival 2012 – A session with Dilmah Tea Mixologist Robert Schinkel
- BANGKOK – World Gourmet Festival 2012 – World Gourmet Festival Buffet Lunch At The Four Seasons Bangkok
- BANGKOK: Review of the prestigious and super luxurious hotel – The St Regis Bangkok
- BANGKOK: Review of the hip, chic and vibrant Aloft Hotel in Sukhumvit 11
- HAT YAI with Firefly Airlines:Hat Yai Travel – Songkhla sight-seeing on the Singora Tram Tour
- HAT YAI with Firefly Airlines: Songkhla Old Town – Coconut Ice Cream with raw egg yolk
- HAT YAI with Firefly Airlines: The launch of Firefly Inaugural Flight to Hat Yai
JAPAN 2012: Tokyo and Osaka!
- JAPAN 2012: Day1 – Exploring Asukusa: Tsukiji : Omote- Sando: Harajuku: Shinjuku
- JAPAN 2012: Day 2– Exploring Japan Day 2: Asakusa – Sensoji Temple : Ueno Station : Tokyo Station: Akihabara : Ichiran Ramen
- JAPAN 2012: Day 2 – Pastries and cakes at Tokyo Station!
- JAPAN 2012: Day 3 – Odaiba – Ramen City
- JAPAN 2012: Day 3 – Odaiba -Statue of Liberty, Fiji Television, Gundam & The Rainbow Bridge
- JAPAN 2012: Day 4 – Tuna Auction at the Tsukiji Market
- JAPAN 2012: Day 5 – Shopping & Sightseeing in Ikebukuro!
- JAPAN 2012: Sushi Dai – 3 hours queue for the best sushi & sashimi!
- JAPAN 2012: Getting data in Japan – there’s no prepaid SIM available for tourist so…. READ ON!
- JAPAN 2012: AirAsia X Premium FlatBed, arrival at Haneda & bunking at the airport
Kathmandu, NEPAL: The Himalayans, Nepalese food, Air Asia X CSR Program!
- Kathmandu, Nepal 2012 – Day 1 in summary – Arrival: Tribhuvan International Airport & the 6 hours journey to Chitwan National Park
- Kathmandu, Nepal 2012 – AirAsia X CSR Launch : Kathmandu, Nepal – One Child One Laptop Programme (OLPC)
- Kathmandu, Nepal 2012 – Sarangkot – amazing sunrise & breathtaking Annapurna mountains view!
- Kathmandu, Nepal 2012 : Chitwan National Park – Elephant rides, baby rhinos and more!
- Kathmandu, Nepal 2012 : Art & Culture – Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square
- Food in Nepal: Expect a lot of otatoes, rice, vegetables, legumes and surprisingly good pastries!
- Food in Nepal: Day 3 & 4: Scrumptious breakfast at Royal Singhi Hotel, Thai food at Him Thai Restaurant and Cafereena – multi cuisine and momos!
- Food in Nepal: Day 3 & 4: Momos – tibetan dumplings, fresh yogurt, bhatura and thali meals
Busan, KOREA: Exploring the largest port city in South Korea
- Challenge accepted! I ate a live octopus in Jagalchi Market, Busan!
- Nakdong Canola Flower Festival, Gamji Coastal Trail – Taejongdae, Lotte Departmental Store Gwangbok for superb aerial view of Busan Port
- Going cultural in Busan – Haedong Yonggungsa Temple and Gamcheon Cultural Village
- My favourite activity: SHOPPING! Where to shop in Busan?
- AirAsia X flys to Busan starting July 2013!
JEJU, KOREA: The jewel island of South Korea
- MUST EAT – A Jeju specialty – Black pork on Heuk Dwaeji Street!
- The museum for the young at heart – the Jeju TEDDY BEAR Museum!
- Good fun for the young and old – Trick Art at ALIVE Museum Jeju Island – a worthy visit!
- Jeju wonders of Nature – The world’s longest lava cave system (Hyeopjae Cave & Ssangyong Cave) & beautiful Hyeopjae Beach
- TO BE UPDATED..
Shanghai, CHINA: The oriental journey with Air Asia X!
- Shanghai, China 201 – On Air Asia X FIRST flight to Shanghai!
- China Travel Tip: How to access blocked sites (Facebook, Twitter) in China – via VPN
- Food in Shanghai – head to Muslim friendly restaurant Yakexi for delicious Xinjiang fare!
- Sightseeing in Shanghai – A day at Oriental Pearl TV Tower, People’s Square, Madame Tussauds & Huangpu River Cruise
- People’s Square, Madame Tussauds and Huangpu River Cruise in Shanghai
- Going cultural in Shanghai with Air Asia X – Yuyuan Garden, Chenghuangmiao Market, Zhujiajiao ancient water town
- Stay tuned for MORE as I write about day 3, day 4 and day 5!
BALI: Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort
BALI: Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
- My Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran – Lagoon Access View Room Review
- Jimbaran Fish Market visit with Chef Paul Lewis of Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran – I love wet markets!
- Bamboo Chic, Le Meridien Jimbaran – Pork Hock, Bebek Betutu and all things scrumptious!
- Lagoon Access View – checking in and preliminary video
MALAYSIA TOURISM HUNT 2012:
- Malaysia Tourism Hunt 2012 – 19th – 25th September 2012
- Malaysia Tourism Hunt 2012 – Day 3: Heading south – Pekan Kuala Kubu, treasure hunt and Frasers’ Hill
- Malaysia Tourism Hunt 2012 – Day 4: Sg Pasu Homestay, Raub Pahang, National Elephant Conservation Kuala Gandah, Bukit Gambang Resort City
- Malaysia Tourism Hunt 2012 – Day 5: Pantai Kemasik Kemaman, Nor Arfa Batik Terengganu, treasure hunt, satar + pulut + lekor eating challenge!
- Malaysia Tourism Hunt 2012 – Day 6: Pasar Besar Kedai Payang -Kuala Terengganu, releasing baby turtles at Pulau Redang, Redang Marine Park Centre and Taraas Beach and Spa Resort
Johor: Johor Premium Outlets/LEGOLAND/Pulau Sibu Island:
Johor, Malaysia : Sanrio Hello Kitty Town Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park
- Visiting Sanrio Hello Kitty Town Malaysia!
- Dinner and show at Lat’s Place – Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park!
Terengganu: Rip Curl Pro Terengganu – the first ever 6-star Asian Surfing Championship
1. Ipoh, Perak
2. Kuala Lumpur
- Leisure Inn KL – The Preferred Business Lodge!
- GTower Hotel, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur – Room Video!
- Elements Gym @ GTower Hotel, KL – seriously a superb gym!
- GTower Hotel, KL – It’s GREEN, it’s a Grade A++ office building & it’s has MSC status
- Micasa All Suite Hotel, KL