More than 2000 of the country’s who’s and who’s gathered in the Grand Ballroom of Sunway Convention Centre last night for the Gala Launch of one of Malaysia’s top culinary event – The Malaysia International Gourmet Festival (MIGF) .
An annual event, which started from a humble beginning of a dozen establishments a decade ago now has more than 70 fine dining restaurants in the country; & we see the numbers growing yearly.
Below are the list of 30 restaurants that we can look forward to their gastronomical MIGF menu this year:
• Al – Amar – Pavillion KL
• Bunga Emas & L’ Heritage – Royal Chulan Hotel
• Celadon – Pavilion KL
• Chalet – Equatorial KL
• China Treasures – Sime Darby Convention Centre
• Chynna, Iketeru & Senses – Hilton KL
• Makan Kitchen – DoubleTree by Hilton KL
• Lai Po Heen & Mandarin Grill – Mandarin Oriental
• Lafite, Shang Palace & Zipangu – Shangri -La KL
• Dynasty, Med @Marche – Live, Sagano – Renaissance KL
• Villa Danieli – Sheraton Imperial KL
• Fu-Rin – Holiday Inn Glenmarie KL
• Zing – Grand Millennium KL
• The Club – The Saujana KL
• Neo Tamarind -Jalan Sultan Ismail, opposite KL Life Centre
• High Tide – Menara Taipan, Jalan
• Nerovivo – Jalan Bukit Ceylon, KL
• Vansh – Starhill, Jalan Bukit Bintang KL
• The Olive – Maxim Genting
• Seasonal Tastes – The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
• The Pomelo – The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat.
Each of these 30 restaurants showcases selected dishes from their specially crafted MIGF menu for the guests to sample yesterday. The crowd that jostled for the food makes you forget that this is a posh event. Well, I guess that’s cos the food must be really good! 😉
One particular station had a pole dancer gyrating the whole night. I wasn’t too sure the crowd at the station is mesmerized by the food or the dancer. 😉
Deputy Minister of Tourism, YB Datuk James Dawos Mamit & Organising Chairman YBhg Dato’ Steve Day during the officiating ceremony, surrounded by spontaneous Festival Master Chefs in an ‘orchestra’ of pots & pans in unison with a Latin band.
So get your wallets ready, check your calendar & make a date with one of the restaurants this coming October!