I’m back again with a post on food in the old “new” wing of 1 Utama.
While my previous postings has been generally positive, with some favourites like Opika, Putien and Yong Tau Foo Eat and Happy, this is one that I wouldn’t recommend.
Their homemade Herbal Tea was good, very fresh and heavy in herbs flavour, unlike the usual watery ones in hawker stalls.
Their Pan Mee – “Traditional Mian Fen Guo in Soup” RM8.90 + was really substandard; on par with (at best) the same level of a badly cooked one in coffeeshops. Portion was miserably small too, and the amount of soup barely passed the mid level of the bowl.
Opting for the healthier path as usual, I had the home made Spinach Mian Fen Guo in soup. I was thankful that this came with more vegetables though portions are still tiny. Taste-wise, it was run-of-the-mill.
For more reads on my series of “Food at the “NEW” Old Wing, 1 Utama“ you can check out:
1. Putien opens in Malaysia- serving authentic Heng Hwa (or Xing Hua) cuisine from China
2. Moo Cow, my favourite froyo is in 1 Utama! Current new flavours for CNY is Mandarin Orange & Dragonfruit!
3. AK Noodles House for a economical meal
4. The Soup Restaurant – nourishing soups and dishes originating from treasured family recipes that are distinctive and traditional
5. Yong Tau Foo Eat and Happy – Cheap & tasty La Mian! Recommended!
6 . Recommended! Opika Restaurant – Wholesome organic food – Love the Nasi Ulam!