I am loving Bruno Gelato which is located at the “new” old wing of 1 Utama Shopping Centre, right at Candylicious’ entrance.
While Moo Cow fits the bill for a healthy indulgence (low fat), Loco Gelato is a rich and creamy alternative reserved for special occasions.
For RM9 – the smallest cup, you get 2 choices of their amazing gelato. And the portion is pretty substantial too!
Loco Gelato has a lovely smooth consistency that spreads out finely on the tongue. I stood there and sampled every flavour before deciding on yogurt and mango gelato. To most palates (most of my friends), Loco Gelatos wasn’t overly cloying but personally for me I still have a problem with the sweetness level.
Fortunately, there are SUGAR-FREE variety!
And there are sorbets as well for those who fancy sharp, face contorting, sour flavours. Lactose intolerant? No fret. Just ask for dairy-free!
Below: On a stick, round and chocolate (dark or white) coated.
Chocolate lovers rejoice!
Thick chocolate incrust each creamy gelato stick – RM12.
Lollies for a light sugar-high spike but minus the full-bodied lusciousness of the gelato.
Lazy with the cup & spoon? Grab a plain gelato on a stick & just lick away! (Sounds wrong here somehow :P)
We chose one (RM12) with chocolate crust and vanilla gelato within.
Loco Gelato is actually a sister outlet of Bruno Gelato in KLCC. As a marketer, I would stick to a standard naming convention for branding purposes, but who knows, maybe the management has other marketing goals in mind.
This was a much earlier visit not too long after they first opened in KLCC.
The available flavours are primarily similar (but not entirely) to the ones at Loco Gelato, 1 Utama, with some popular ones present.
This is Dila. Yes, Bruno Gelato/Loco Gelato does make one happy, VERY HAPPY. LOL.
The only thing stopping me from eating this everyday is the fact that it’s not fat-free or low fat. With such interesting flavours and blends of gelato plus reasonable pricing for the portion given, I had a hard walking away everytime I’m in the old wing in 1 Utama. Thankfully, I have got iron-clad discipline! Hahahha…
So, anyone one of you here is fan as well?? If yes, which flavour is your favourite? 😀
For more reads on my series of “Food at the “NEW” Old Wing, 1 Utama“ you can check out:
1. Putien opens in Malaysia- serving authentic Heng Hwa (or Xing Hua) cuisine from China
2. Moo Cow, my favourite froyo is in 1 Utama! Current new flavours for CNY is Mandarin Orange & Dragonfruit!
3. AK Noodles House for a economical meal
4. The Soup Restaurant – nourishing soups and dishes originating from treasured family recipes that are distinctive and traditional
5. Yong Tau Foo Eat and Happy – Cheap & tasty La Mian! Recommended!
6. Recommended! Opika Restaurant – Wholesome organic food – Love the Nasi Ulam!
7. Not recommended: Noodle Shack – Traditional Mian Fen Guo – small portions, lacking in taste!