God must have had enough of my whines. Either that; or those laws of attractions as advocated by Rhonda Byrne finally worked.
After a full year of misfortunes, I felt that I deserve a break. I need a holiday. I kept telling me myself I will get my holiday. I got them shortlisted, Bali, then shopping in Bangkok and perhaps Dubai or Tokyo, Japan.
Back then it was June. And till November 09, that holiday remained elusive. I downgraded, being the practical sod that I am. Ok, I will settle for just ONE, just gimme Bangkok, I got to shop! I need to shop! And of course, some cheap tasty food is fine as well. Nothing beats BKK for all of the above.
Now it is December and I almost gave up on holidays. Sigh, Penang also can laa..I thought to myself.
But hey, suddenly I am now booking tickets to Phuket in March, Bali in September and Perhentian Islands in May 2010.
Yup, if all goes well, 2010 looks like it’s gonna be one BIG holiday!
What brings such good fortune you ask?
It is THIS!
Yes, a FREE holiday, with accommodation for 2, all thanks to Alamanda Shopping Center in Putrajaya, which currently runs a terrific campaign that truly embodies the spirit of Christmas.
Their “Holiday on us” campaign runs from 28 November to 27 December 2009, providing shopaholics with 30 days of “retail therapy”, great dining experience and entertainment.
Just spend RM800.00 in Alamanda Shopping Centre and you will be entitled to a Free 8-day Holiday. Accumulated receipts which totals up to RM 800 are fine as well!
Bear in mind, this is not a contest hence no slogans is needed (I hate those!).
Accommodation is for 2 and does not include air fare. Well, I guess the next part is to hope that Air Asia is having their FREE ticket promo again! ;p
It’s not that difficult to hike up a bill of RM800. Especially since they have Cold Storage here. I bought a month of groceries for RM200, including oats, imported cereals (think Post & those along the same aisle), boxes of soya milk, some organic flour for baking and another RM200 for Manuka Honey.
Of course, we ate and the food bill helped adding up to the total amount of RM800.
More details as follows:
This 8-day voucher is validated online and you have a choice to choose between Bali or Phuket for 5 days 4 nights OR be like me, take 3 days 2 nights for each destination and go to BOTH Bali AND Phuket!
Follow up with a 3 days 2 nights Cuti Cuti Malaysia holiday choosing from Kuantan, Langkawi, Penang, Port Dickson or Perhentian Island.
Alamanda Shopping Centre has over 180 retail outlets and 3,000 parking bays with international shopping brands like Nike, Guess & Esprit which is a factory outlet.
More international brand names; Levis, Billabong, Quiksilver, Lesportsac, ALDO. The misconception that Alamanda Shopping Centre is boring is so so misleading.
Alamanda Shopping Centre’s anchor tenants includes Cold Storage, Parkson & Carrefour Hypermarket.
F&B (food and beverages) outlets are aplenty; namely Manhattan Fish Market, Old town Kopitiam, Big Apple Donuts, Penang Village, Johnny’s Steamboat, Sri Ayutthaya Thai Restaurant and the ubiquitous fast food chains like MacDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, & A&W.
Their MPH store is the biggest in the country and there is also the Golden Screen Cinemas Cineplex (GSC) for movies buffs, a fun filled arcade for the family, an amazing 26-lane bowling alley and also a karaoke with per room going at the rate of only RM35 an hour.
Business Hours: 10am to 10pm
Alamanda Shopping Centre
Jalan Alamanda, Precint 1
Telephone: +6 03 8888 8882
Apart from the free holiday voucher given in the ‘Holiday On Us’ offer, there are other on-going promotions with the individual retailers as below;
* For purchases throughout the shopping mall with a minimum RM300 accumulated receipts in a day, you will get a specially designed tote bag from Alamanda.
* Habib Jewels is offering up to 70% Discount on diamonds and jeweleries except for branded items. Grab the Gold Promotion for 916 Gold where you get less RM6.00 per gram. Additionally, there is also a RM50 Habib Jewel Voucher for purchases above RM1,000 valid until 31st January 2010.
* LeSports AC is having an End Of Season Sale with discounts of up to 50% storewide.
* Nichii is also having a storewide discount of up to 70% till the 3rd of January 2010.
* Envee will run a promotion where purchases of RM400 and above in a single receipt will enjoy a 20% discount off the next item.
* Bagzbar is giving a free Paris Hilton Note Book with purchases of RM500 and above.
* Paris Hilton Special Promotion for Handbag and Wallet Set at only RM599.
* Bonia has Men’s Shoe Offer where any purchases of men’s shoes, customers are entitled to purchase a shoe bag at RM49 (Retail Price RM149)
* Valentino Rudy has an interesting offer – if you buy 2 or more items, the highest price item gets a 20% discount while each additional item will have an additional 10% discount.
* Nando’s offer is worth a meal there – Buy a Nando’s Peri Hearty Meal at RM17.80 and stand a chance to win a Club Med Cherating package for 2. I am aiming for this!!
* Cold Storage Supermarket is giving a RM10 Cold Storage Voucher for purchases of RM100 and above in a single receipt.
So with the Christmas Season around the corner, go spend a day in Alamanda Putrajaya, buy everything that you need, accumulate the receipts and redeem that Holiday on Us vacation voucher while you are at it!