Well, preferably absolutely NOTHING but if you want to have an idea of what I did when I was there, scroll down! 😀
1. Explore the grounds. The sprawling land & greens soothes both the eyes and soul.
Tanjong Jara Resort sits on a 17 hectare land so you can imagine the vast space. Just find a spot & make it your corner. No one will fight you for it.
I spent many hours just meditating and gazing into nothingness. It was wonderfully therapeutic. This was exactly what I needed; being away from the city and having time for self reflection.
3. But at most times I’m my usual cheeky self. 😀
Being so near the beach means compulsory play time in the clean emerald waters. Surprisingly I discovered that the sea breeze and seawater here doesn’t leave an uneasy sticky feeling on my skin.
4. Both the sunrise and sunset are gorgeous. These were taken at around 6am plus.
Would you rise early for this? I would and I did. 🙂
Instead of air conditioned thread mills in the gym and dusty, humid air on the roads; sink your feet in the soft sand & cool water while breathing in refreshing sea breeze. The extra resistance also means additional strength training and calories burned for the same duration spent.
Too rough and tough for you? No worries, there’s a gym and a tennis court as well, with rackets and balls provided at no additional charge.
6. The Spa Village at Tanjong Jara Resort is an absolute must. Lose the tension & knots in your body as the spa’s Malay healer work her skilled hands on you.
Besides, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the “mandi bunga” part as much as I did 🙂
7. Practice your photography skills. The surroundings of Tanjong Jara Resort are the perfect canvas for any photoshoot.
8. Enjoy the pool. Tanjong Jara has not one, but two pools!
This is an infinity pool facing the sea and open to all guests, inclusive of children.
The Teratai Pool is specifically for adults, situated in a more private area enshrouded by trees and foliage with deeper water depth.
9. Work that mind. Explore the herb garden & take a crash course about herbs and spices from Tanjong Jara’s knowledgeable resident gardener. In just 20 minutes I picked up some useful information and health tips using herbs and leaves!
10. Enjoy your room.
Tanjong Jara has a total of 99 rooms, designed to reflect the elegance and grandeur of 17th century Malay palace.
Guests can select from 3 different interiors where each has its distinctive differences; Serambi comes with private garden & a sexy outdoor bathtub while Anjung is on the ground floor with a dedicated porch. Last but not least, Bumbung rooms look out to the merging of sea and sky from the first floor.
Each room comes with a private tub, perfect for a soak. Even sea salts are provided.
11. I can’t remember the last time I held a book in my hands. The resort has a library stocked with books and I helped myself to some enchanting chick lit novels. Oh, happy days! 😀
12. Sleep. What could be a better time to catch up on lost slumber?
13. Explore Dungun town, a mere 15 minutes drive from the resort. I had the Volvo XC60 at my disposal and we went with Chef Florent to the market. However, the resort does provide shuttle services to Dungun town. Do inquire at the reception.
The best companion for a market excursion is with a chef! I love markets and I do try to visit one in every country I have been to. However, I realize even if you’re in the same country, different areas (if it’s far geographically or has different altitudes) does have different vegetation, livestock and seafood.
My visits to East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak) markets has shown me how diversified the vegetables and seafood stocks are. Since this is my FIRST visit to the east coast, I was curious to check out the markets here as well.
The locals were more than happy to share some recipes if you ask. For example, this is the mirror fish that I had during my dinner with Chef Florent.
13. EAT. Loads preferably. Like me! :DD
Lunch at Nelayan Restaurant.
Breakfast at Di Atas Sungai Restaurant.
Dinner at Di Atas Sungai.
Chef Florent special menu for dinner. This was marvellous!
14. Take leisure walks around & say hi to your neighbours 😀
15. Be shutter happy. The best shots are often the unexpected ones. Besides, there are so many beautiful sights surround Tanjong Jara.
I love this shot, do you? 🙂
So there you go, what I did at Tanjong Jara Resort.
The list is not exhaustive of course. There’s a lot more activities such as cooking class, morning exercise, diving, jungle trekking and waterfalls visits. Everything can be arranged prior to your arrival or after you have checked-in. Just look for one of the cheerful friendly Tanjong Jara Resort personnel.
Guys, check out their Resident’s Package at Tanjong Jara Resort which starts at RM799 nett per night per room, and it includes daily breakfast, lunch and dinner with complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water served during meals for every night of stay. You can read more about it in the PDF attached. :DD
Tanjong Jara Resort
Batu 8, Off Jalan Dungun
23000 Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia
GPS: N 4º 48’ 35.10”, E 103º 25’ 23.65”
Tel: +60 9 845 1100
Fax: +60 9 845 1200
Email: [email protected]