I managed to capture some interesting moments during the Malacca homestay with my handy HTC Desire last week.
From my previous post HERE, where I posted the video of my foster parents’ village house; now I got more to share:
1. Watching a female goat giving birth to 2 kids..(I whipped out my camera a bit too slow, else would have caught the moment when the kid popped out! No worries, will get a picture of it soon!).
2. Catching an eel with my bare hands.. Euwww! Slimy I tell you!
3. Tapping a rubber tree. It’s not easy work ok!
4. Making my own salted duck egg! :yes: Salted egg porridge anyone?! Hahhaa…
5. Weaving – end product is a basket-like sleeve to be used as a “cover” for cempedak while it is still ripening on the tree.
Not much words on this post? Well, the videos does most of the work for me 😉
Heya Rebecca! Great stuff you have been posting so far!
gosh, that’s a lot of unique experiences!
i like how u squealed when touching the eel, heheh. but that’s quite brave of u. i’d imagine many people might not dare to do it! 😀
don’t understand the salted egg video though (maybe cos i couldn’t hear any sound on it). what’s the black sand that the egg is dipped in…
the “menganyam” segment looks like the most challenging, in terms of mastering it. i guess the makcik has been doing it for decades though…
Pingback: Maxis10Reviews - Google Nexus One and the HTC Desire | thenomadGourmand
fwar, respect! must teach me how to catch eels all. can u imagine if they were electic eels.. like mini shock therapy! 🙂