Yesterday Sony Malaysia launched the Sony SLT-A58 and Sony NEX 3N , priced at RM1999 and RM1799 respectively.
Sony DSLT A58.
Sony NEX 3N.
I’ll have more specifications for you later when I obtain the official specs sheet from Sony Malaysia. Meanwhile, as of current that the Sony NEX 3N is the world’s lightest and smallest interchangable-lens camera with a large APS-C sized sensor, grabbing more light than the sensor in ordinary compact cameras.
I have used the Sony NEX 5N, NEX 7, NEX F3 and the NEX 6 and I can assure you that Sony NEX range of cameras are great for low-light photography.
Lately, due to an issue with my NEX 6 I have been forced to use other micro-four thirds and none has been comparable to the Sony NEX.
I can’t wait for the NEX 3N to be available (by April) so I’ll finally be back to using Sony NEX cameras again!
- Light, compact body with pop-up flash – 210 grams only!
- No-fuss self-portraits with 180° tiltable LCD screen and zoom lever
- Large Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor with 16.1 effective megapixels and high sensitivity, for detail-packed, low noise photos and Full HD video
- Beautiful compositions made easy with new Auto Object Framing
- crisp, bright 7.5cm (3.0-type) LCD screen
- a newly-added zoom lever on the camera body. the zoom lever also adjusts digital zoom if you’re not using a powered lens
- 1st NEX interchangeable lens camera from Sony that offers support for new “TRILUMINOS Colour” – when videos and still images are played back on any BRAVIA TV with support for “TRILUMINOS Display”
- a range of 13 high-quality E-mount lenses to realise the immense creative potential of the NEX-3N. Choose from telephoto, zoom, wide angle, macro lenses by Sony and Carl Zeiss to suit any shooting situation.
|Image sensor||Exmor APS HD CMOS with approx. 16.1 effective megapixels|
|Autofocus system||Contrast-detection with 25 AF points|
|ISO sensitivity range||Still images: ISO 200 – 16000Movies: ISO 200 – 3200 equivalent|
|Movie recording format||AVCHD 50i/25p|
|LCD screen||7.5cm / 3.0-type 460K-dot; tilt angle up 180°|
|Continuous shooting||4 fps (approx.)|
|Picture Effect||11 modes, 15 effects|
|Dimensions||109.9 x 62.0 x 34.6 mm (approx.)|
|Weight (with battery and memory card; approx.)||269 g|
|Weight (body only; approx.)||210 g|
|Battery life (approx.)||480 shots (CIPA standard)|
|Connections / interfaces||Multi/Micro USB* (allows charging); HDMI Type D*Supports Micro USB compatible device|
|Built-in flash||GN4; ISO 100·m / (GN6; ISO 200·m)|
Soooo…….Pink or White? 😀
Meanwhile, Sony Alpha Experience 2013 kicks off today with numerous activities over 2 days; 16th and 17th March 2013 from 9am – 6pm. Great and educational line up of programmes includes hands-on and unique sharing experiences with renowned speakers as well as Photo Shooting Opportunities are available in the Main Hall, Gallery Hall and Garden of Zebra Square.
Take your best shot at Fashion – there will be a runway fashion show with designs by Guess; Automotive – big boys’ toys from Ducati, Maserati and Vespas, Performances – Marital arts and dance with the Sony range of cameras including the VGA videocameras, DSLRs, DSLT (yes, the A58 will be showcased as well!) and the full range of Sony NEX.
Remember the RX1, full frame camera that cost about RM10K? Yes, you can learn more about its capabilities over the next 2 days as well. Test it out and see for yourself what makes this compact so desirable!
Get ready to hear from the likes of Michael Yamashita of National Geographic and pick up great tips and know-how for FREE too! For photography enthusiasts, this is a opportunity not to be missed.
Other speakers includes Gary L. Friedman (USA) and Motoyuki Ohtake from Japan.
Please do check out the full schedule HERE –>http://www.sony.com.my/microsite/SonyAlphaExperience2013/programme.html
For more information about the Sony Alpha Experience 2013 – you can surf over to : http://www.sony.com.my/microsite/SonyAlphaExperience2013/event.html
The light, compact new NEX-3N interchangeable lens camera and the DSLT A58 from Sony will be available in Malaysia from April 2013.