** For more Ramadhan reviews click HERE –> Ramadhan Buffets – Where’s your favourite?
The Ramadhan Buffet at the JW Marriot Hotel, Kuala Lumpur has got to be one of the most lovely buffets I had this year. The Poolside area on the 6th Floor and the Starhill Conference Centre on the 4th floor of the hotel has been transformed into a Ramadhan bazaar; to replicate a “kampong” ambience.
Guests have the option of dining al-fresco; sitting on the patio of the blue pool and breathing in in the evening crisp after-rain air just like I did or dine in air-conditioning comfort in the remodeled conference/dining hall.
After a hectic week, I chose to dine out in the open. Besides, I love space and air, not to mention the opportunity to catch all the action at the live cooking stations.
My perennial favourite; the lamb was exquisitely well done here. Well done not as in cooked right-through and tough in texture, but rather in terms of the marination and overall flavour. It remained juicy and delicious from the skin to the bone. Definitely one of the best lambs I’ve had so far! 🙂
Guests of the Ramadhan Buffet at JW Marriot can expect to feast on a wide variety of traditional Malaysian delicacies this year; making this buffet an ideal choice for those who yearn for the traditional “kampong” experience AND the taste to match.
Below: Juicy meaty satay.
I was very impressed with the local delicacies; the curries had the right amount of heat and depth of flavour and the corresponding meat/seafood/vegetables was infused with the flavour right through. Kudos to the cooks in charge really!
The use of spices were generous and in balanced proportions, resulting in very very delightful dishes. 🙂
Below: The Rendang, Daging Salai Masak Lemak, Deep Fried Catfish in Sambal (this was really good!) and the Green Chilli Chicken.
The traditional Bubur Lambuk was prepared for us as well that day.
Geared towards “preserving heritage”, Jw Marriot’s Ramadhan Buffet will feature 108 of the best traditional dishes from various states of the country customarily served during Ramadhan. What I sampled that night was just the tip of the iceberg and barely 30% of what the full buffet will offer when it starts during the Ramadhan month!
Though not pictured here, some of the authentic Malaysian delights to look out for includes typical Malay dishes that are less commonly served nowadays namely Tongkeng Ayam (Bishop) Goreng Bercili, Daging Salai Masak Lemak dengan Bachang and Kupang Masak Rampai. Look out for the ubiquitous favourites such as nasi dagang, ayam tandoori, roti canai, chicken rice, ais kacang and a fresh fruit station too!
Desserts were just as well prepared as the mains. Traditional Malay desserts are expectedly sweet, thus the chefs in charge has taken great care to keep the desserts here well-balanced. The ones I sampled that night were of acceptable saccharine levels and creamy enough to be claimed authentic.
End your gluttony with some vitamins packed fruits. 🙂
Venue: 6th Floor, JW Marriot KL
Price: RM60.00++/pax at the Conference Centre and RM70.00++/pax at the poolside area
Time: 7.00pm to 10.30pm
For reservations, call 03-2719 8666 or e-mail to [email protected].
Browse more if you wish:
- Dorsett Regency, Kuala Lumpur
- MayTower Hotel & Serviced Residences, KL
- The Mill, Grand Millennium Hotel, Bukit Bintang
- The Lounge, GTower Hotel, KL
- The Living Room, Westin KL
- Cinnamon Cafe, One World Hotel
- Latest Recipe, Le Meridien KL
- Paya Serai – PJ Hilton
These are for last year Ramadan’s!
Which is your favourite of all the above? As you know, I’m running the Becky’s 30 Days 30 Giveaways and for coming days it will be mostly Ramadan buffets for 2 pax. So do visit my page RebeccaSawBlog FB here and stay tuned for the announcement!
Here’s the round-up for 2012 Ramadan Buffets. I’ll include the links once I published the posts this week. I’m trying to write as fast as I can! 🙂
1. Ramadhan Buffet at Melting Pot Cafe, Concorde Hotel, KL
2. Ramadhan Buffet at Soi 23, Pacific Regency, KL
3. Ramadhan Buffet at Fuzion, Sunway Spa and Resorts
4. Ramadhan Buffet at Checkers Cafe, Dorsett Regency, KL
5. Ramadhan Buffet at Flavors, Swiss Garden Hotel, Pudu KL
6. Ramadhan Buffet at Cinnamon Coffee House, One World Hotel
7. Ramadhan Buffet at Kitchen Art Brasserie, Empire Hotel Subang
8. Ramadhan Buffet at The Mill, Grand Millenium Hotel, KL
9. Ramadhan Buffet at JW Marriot, KL
10.Ramadhan Buffet at La Maison, Silka Maytower Hotel & Serviced Residences
11. Ramadhan Buffet at Paya Serai, Hilton PJ
12. Ramadhan Buffet at Utara Coffee House, Armada Hotel, PJ
13. Ramadhan Buffet at Serena Brasseria, InterContinental Hotel, KL
14. there’s more for sure… let me eat first and I’ll update! 🙂
Leave me a comment if you have any enquiries on Ramadhan Buffets this year ok? 🙂