The winners for this competition has been selected! Out of the 93 entries, this lucky couple will be going on an all expense paid trip to Hong Kong this weekend!
The lucky couple areeeee..
Shahrul Izdiharuddin and his wife, Farina!
Congratulations you both! Have fun in Hong Kong!
Has anyone spent Christmas in Hong Kong before? Yes? No?
Well, maybe this year is the year to be in Hong Kong for Christmas!
Because CNN.com has selected Hong Kong as one of the 10 best destinations for spending the Christmas holidays. And also because the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) has once again put together a basketful of special programmes for visitors and local residents under its “Hong Kong WinterFest” promotion.
Running from 25 November 2011 to 1 January 2012, the focal points of the celebrations will be the popular tourist districts of Central and Tsim Sha Tsui, where themed decorations and fun activities are bound to ensure visitors a memorable and dazzling winter experience.
This is Hong Kong’s 10th year in celebrating Christmas with its “Hong Kong WinterFest” promotion and the theme is “Love Christmas. Love Hong Kong”, which underlines not only cheerful celebrations, but also the spreading of love through charitable causes.
The two key promotions are:
- Sponsored by Tiffany & Co, the centrepieces will be an 18-metre tall Christmas tree and a fairytale-inspired carousel at Statue Square in Central. Most importantly, there will also be a photo boothfor capturing the memories, customised Tiffany & Co postcards and stamps for sending seasonal greetings to friends & families.
- Part of the proceedings generated, after deducting operational costs, will go to Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong to help make the wishes of children with serious medical conditions come true.
2. East Tsim Sha Tsui: Ice Wonderland
- Presented by Sino Group Limited, the Ice Wonderland at the UC Centenary Garden is set to further enhance the festive ambience of East Tsim Sha Tsui, which has long been famous for its signature Christmas lights.
In addition to the visual treats from festive motifs and special snow effect, visitors and local residents can enjoy the fun of ice-skating in the Ice Wonderland, while the surrounding Christmas lights will provide a perfect backdrop for memorable holiday photos.
Admission to the venue is free.
Part of the income generated from rental of skating equipment will go to Hong Chi Association, spreading the seasonal joy to those in need.
Besides promotions in Central and Tsim Sha Tsui, “Hong Kong WinterFest” highlights the timely events launched by local attractions, including Hong Kong Disneyland, Ocean Park, Madame Tussauds Hong Kong and Ngong Ping 360, as well as travel itineraries and special offers by the travel trade and mega shopping malls respectively.
So, celebrating the Christmas holidays in Hong Kong sounds good doesn’t it??
Well, trying winning yourself an all-expenses paid trip there this year end!
In conjunction with the “Hong Kong WinterFest”, the Hong Kong Tourism Board, with New Straits Times Life & Times, are looking for a winning couple to go to Hong Kong, for 4 days 3 nights (tentatively from 19th of Dec 2011 to 22nd Dec 2011) all-expense trip, including a makeover and romantic photoshoot at Christmas Dreamland and Ice Wonderland.
To win, you will have to:
- Submit an original & creative photograph of yourself and your other half depicting your interpretation of romance.
- Include an interesting caption of not more than 25 words.
- Email entries to [email protected] with complete details (Full name, IC number, mailing address and contact number).
- ALTERNATIVELY, you can tweet the photograph with caption and the hashtag #HKromance.
Closing date is on the 4th of December 2011 (Sunday).
Entries will be judged on content and originality, technicality and visual aesthetics, as well as the creativity for the caption.
Results will be published on 10th December 2011 (Saturday).
Also, take a look at the promo video for the celebration!
For more information on the contest and to potential increase your chances of winning, visit these links:
I might be taking part! Are you?