Work travels are hardly fun, but the right accomodation does somewhat lessens the pain.
Business travellers to Kuala Lumpur has just been spoilt with the addition of a new swanky but practical hotel right smack in the city, mere mins from KLCC, Petronas Twin Towers, embassies & the commercial business district.
GTower Hotel on Jalan Tun Razak redefines business travelling. The astute combination of work and leisure is reflected in the design of its rooms (video HERE), the ambience of The Club floor at Level 28 which comprises of a stunning private bridge bar and lounge as well as the impressive gym (video HERE) on the facilities floor.
The GTower is actually an office building with 3 floors of hotel facilities & a F & B concept floor at the lobby.
It aims to deliver a NEW WORKING CONCEPT where Offices, Club and Hotel are merged under one roof to reflect the needs of the businesses and business travelers of today. Complimenting this trinity are additional work + lifestyle trappings like:
Elements Gym: A limited membership, exclusive 32,000sq ft gym which boasts a heated, salinated pool for classes like Aqua Aerobics, Outdoor garden for classes like qi gong, tai chi and yoga and private studio for 1-on-1 pilates class with machines. Video of gym + fees + cool features HERE.
Food Hive: Featuring one acre worth of food brands like, Social@KL (international cuisine and beer garden), Rakuzen, Subway, Sister’s Kitchen, NZ Curry House, I Love Yoo, etc. which is all located on the ground floor after the entrance.
A lot of the outlets are still under construction, as you can see from the boards covering the outlets.
And what does it mean to be a Grade A++ office? Actually, each ‘+’ does stand for something:
1) Green Certification – GTower is certified green by the Singapore BCA. For a building of this size, it is 20% more energy efficient than a similar building of size and storeys. Green features can be loosely compiled into 5 pillars & they consist of:
* Site & Project management
* Energy Efficiency
* Water Efficiency
* Indoor & Environmental Quality
2) MSC Status – This building runs on full fibre optics spine (that explains the SPEEDY internet!) complimented by CAT 6 cabling, with fully redundant power redundancy, 24/7 building and operations support. We also host incubation spaces (Flexoffices) for MSC companies who need a space to grow.
See? GTower is a smart building properly thought-out and planned for the purpose it was built. I wish I can say the same for some of our other buildings here in Malaysia.
The whole idea of a new working concept is about creating an office space that is comfortable, able to sustain its ecosystem of building tenants, guests, visitors with amenities that make the extended hours that executives work these days bearable. I totally agree with this, work does seep a lot of exuberance from life & it helps that the building that you are stuck in offers some form of solace and relaxation.
Tanzini is a stand alone restaurant which advocates fresh and quality ingredients being brought from the farm to the table with minimal fuss. (More on Tanzini’s food in a separate post).
The Bridge Bar (being only for exclusive members) is part of The Club, only open to members of The Club or hotel guests. However, the Bridge Bar is available for private functions with a min spend of MYR8,000 + one night stay at the GTower Hotel.
The concept: The Bridge Bar is a highlight of the building’s commitment to being green. The management of GTower Hotel had wanted to show that even a frivolous drinking joint could echo serious green themes by using recycled materials to create the interior and atmosphere of the bar. Examples of the recycled materials include:
1) Wine bottles that are embedded into the bar
2) Extensive use of cengal wood which was part of the outdoor decking at our previous corporate office, on the floors.
Oh, by the way, these glass are BULLET PROOF!! Thick and strong enough to withstand tonnes of force.
I’m was wow-ed by the view allllll the waayyyy to the bottom!
3) Furniture that was refurbished
4) All outdoor decking comprises of eco-wood which is fabricated from rice husks and does not use wood.
5) Carpets that are 100% recyclable
6) LED lights
The outdoor & open air rooftop bar will be opened to public sometime next year but is available for private functions at the moment.
More of GTower Hotel unique selling points:
* Unlike many other hotels that claim that they are green, GTower is fully certified as green. It is Malaysia’s First FULLY Certified Green Building by the Singapore BCA.
* Hot water used to heat the pools and the showers come from waste energy generated by the hotel’s air conditioners chillers.
* Hotel spaces that are designed for the business traveler in mind as each rooms boasts rainforest showers, walk in wardrobes, comfortable work desks, broadband which can be turned up on demand to a private club, whether to conduct confidential business meetings (in one of three boardrooms) or to enjoy a quiet drink at the end of the day in your own private bar.
Below: Very comfortable and well equipped working desk.
GTower Hotel, I’m duly impressed & thoroughly enjoyed my stay!! 😉
GTower Hotel is located right besides PNB building on Jalan Tun Razak………….
……..and right opposite this clock tower.
GTower Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : +603 2168 1919
Fax : +603 2168 1818
Email : [email protected]
GPS: N03 09′ 54
E 101 43′ 21