My best September discovery was the incredible (and I don’t use the word incredible often) RM20 nett “Lunch Munch!” at The Kedai Kopi Journal.
When RM12 can only get you a drink at cafes and when a fruit juice in a hotel is RM18-25, having a semi-buffet spread which includes snacks, appetisers, soup, breads, fresh fruits, a chocolate fondue, ice cream and desserts PLUS ONE main course of your choice is a steal!
Especially so when it is in a hotel right smack in the golden triangle of Bukit Bintang. And more so when you discover that the main course are princely in portion and loaded with quality ingredients!
The semi-buffet spread:
Enjoy soup, fresh house- baked breads and an assortment of fresh greens as salads.
Desserts are fresh fruits, ais potong (ice cream on a stick), cakes and and a chocolate fondue with fruit sticks and marshmallows.
The four main course:
1. My favourite – the Kedai Kopi Journal Speciality Wagyu Burger!
Chunky 200g chargrilled Wagyu patty, onion chutney, mushroom, smoked cheddar, lettuce and curry mustard burger served with Cajun style sweet potato chips. This was juicy, thick and tasty – so absolutely satisfying! I was glad that sweet potato fries were served in place of the standard potato fries since I’m a huge fan of sweet potatoes.
2. Barramundi on a Bed of Spinach with Red Peppers and Secret Sauce.
This would be my recommendation for health freaks. Skip the fries (the only thing unhealthy on the plate) if you must, and enjoy the fresh, sweet flaky fish and sauteed spinach.
3. Crispy Chicken Picatta with Lightly Roasted Mixed Vegetables.
Though it was a breast, it remained assuringly tender. The creamy sauce on the side was nice too.
4. Fettucine Cream Basil Pesto topped with Rich Buttery Mozzarella – I believe this is the vegan option (besides the cheese and cream used).
Beverages: Choose a drink of your choice from coffee, tea, iced chinese tea, iced lemon tea, iced kumquat honey tea, pink guava juice, soft drinks or bottled water.
So what do YOU think?
Isn’t this an absolute steal?
I’m keen to revisit so let me know if you would like to join me! 🙂
The Kedai Kopi Journal “Lunch Munch! :
• Great value • RM20 nett • Lunch, Mondays to Fridays only
• Choice of À La Carte main courses paired with an All-You-Can-Eat buffet spread
• Mondays to Friday, 12pm – 3pm. Excluding Wilayah & National Public Holidays
BELOW: Kedai Kopi Journal – hip, chic, modern with touches of old charm. All in all it’s a nice spacious space ideal for a meal, cakes and coffee as well as for short meetings.
The Kuala Lumpur Journal
30, Jalan Beremi, Bukit Bintang (at the back of HSBC building on Jalan Sultan Ismail)
50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.