800 STORES. LATEST FASHION TRENDS. WHOLESALE PRICES.
YOU.ME –> HERE.NOW!
I want this dress!! It’s about RM800 by the way -_-
Located off Jalan Hang Tuah near the Imbi monorail station, KWC follows the resounding success of fashion wholesale malls in the Asian region such as Platinum Fashion Mall in Bangkok, Dongdaemun Market in Seoul, Mangga Dua Wholesale Complex in Jakarta and many fashion wholesale malls in Humen, China.
With 500,000 square feet nett lettable retail space, this 22 storeyed one-stop fashion wholesale shopping mall boasts nine storeys of shopping adventure.
There’s 800 retail shops offering anything within the fashion umbrella for women, men and children.
Women-wear takes up the most shoplots of course, and that includes apparel, footwear, jewellery, accessories, bags as well as leather goods.
No fret though, it’s not all just flirty dresses. There are sharp office attire available for the more conservatively dressed as well.
But I love love the party, flirty dresses! The yellow layered one below is such a doll isn’t it?? :heart:
How about this one on the left? Simply, flowing chiffon. Softly elegant and feminine.
I love white dresses. The one on the right is simple, tight and sexy.
Amazingly, there are several retailers specially dedicated to Islamic fashion in a bid to provide a variety of traditional and contemporary apparel for the Muslim market!
So really there’s something for everyone here.
Simple printed tees…….
ugly dresses.. variety of dresses..
…..and even kids wear.
Whilst dedicated to wholesale businesses only, Kenanga Wholesale City functions as a shopping mall with full amenities catering to business convenience with F&B outlets, event spaces, banking and a host of other business services.
Frankly, no malls or buildings should be without FOOD outlets! 🙂
Halal outlets include Old Town White Coffee, Sajian Enak, MJ Café, Kazu Sushi Japanese Restaurant and many snack kiosks.
On the 7th floor, the non-halal Kenanga Food Court offers the best of KL food including Kim Lian Kee Hokkien Mee, Petaling Street Famous Porridge, Cheras Flat Woo Pin Fish Head Noodles, Duck King, Imbi San Jian Zhuang Pork Noodle, Siang Kee Char Kuey Teow and etc.
During the media launch we had an unexpected surprise as we got to play “dress-up your mannequin“. Themes allocated were Casual Wear, Party Glamour, Office Basics and so on.
Split into teams of 4, we thronged the mall on borrowed credit of RM250 and a time limit of 40 minutes.
Yes, it was like those reality TV shows with us running and tripping over our heels as we burst in and out of shops searching for our ideal items for our mannequin. There were a lot of complains around, specially from me cos I was hungry (as usual) and I was in 5 inch heels – hey, don’t blame me, I wasn’t informed there was going to be a game like this!. But amidst the chaos there were a lot of fun and merriment as well. A reminisce of our Barbie Dolls playing days perhaps? 🙂
Our mannequin – on the the theme of “Footloose” (casual wear).
The winning team – on the theme of Party-wear. I love the soft, transparent white embroidered shift!
Though newly opened, occupancy rate were high & most shops were already operational. Stock is not a problem either as I found out while window shopping. Hopefully Kenanga Wholesale Mall will be bustling with commercial activities soon and carry amazing stock like Platinum Mall in Bangkok. I won’t have to stock up on my wardrobe in Thailand anymore then! 🙂
So here’s the map! Take the monorail if you are concerned about traffic, but if you did drive, there’s 1,800 parking bays available. Parking is currently still FOC.
Current operating hours are 10:00 AM to 8:00PM.
More on Kenanga Wholesale City:
- Lower Ground Floor: Women’s Fashion, Men’s Fashion, Shoes, Bank and Money Changer
- Ground Floor: Women’s Fashion, Men’s Fashion, Shoes
- 1st Floor: Women’s Fashion
- 2nd Floor: Women’s Fashion
- 3rd Floor: Women’s Fashion, Men’s Fashion, Kid’s fashion, Sportswear
- 3Ath Floor: Baju Melayu, Kid’s fashion, Traditional Fashion, Restaurants
- 5th Floor: Baju Melayu, Kid’s fashion, Traditional Fashion, Bazaar
- 6th Floor: Fashion Accessories, Handbags, Leather Goods
- 7th Floor: Fashion Accessories, Handbags, Non-Halal Food Court
- 15th Floor: Factory Outlets, Halal Food Court, Exhibition Area
- 16th Floor: Warehouse and Offices
- 17th Floor: Warehouse and Offices
- Strategically located on Jalan Gelugor, Off Jalan Hang Tuah, Kuala Lumpur
- Public transport access, ie. Monorail, Star LRT and bus.
- 500,000 sq ft nett lettable retail space
- Over 800 retail lots over 9 zoned shopping floors
- 24-hour CCTV security surveillance
- Food Courts and numerous F&B outlets
- Banking and Money Changing service and facilities
- Exhibition/Promotion Hall
- 22 Storeys
- Over 1,800 parking bays
- 20 loading bays
- 7 cargo lifts
- 6 passenger lifts
- Escalator access to car park
- Wide walkways
All pictures taken with: