Everybody knows Orchard Road in Singapore.
Besides being the busiest street with the largest number of malls and also the address to the most famous shopping mall in Singapore, Orchard Road is famous for its annual Christmas display.
Tourists and locals are known to flock to Orchard for its festive vibe and to feast their sights on the elaborate displays as each and every building or businesses along the stretch tried to outdo the other in the magnificence of their Christmas displays.
BELOW: The eye-popping Swarovski Christmas Tree.
BELOW: The glitter of gold at Paragon.
This year, the December instalment of Pedestrian Night on Orchard Road (the stretch between Scotts Road and Bideford Road) which while on its own is already a night of exhilarating activities, the December one was made merrier with this year’s creative concept is produced by local artiste Dick Lee and renowned designer Yang De Rong.
The theme revolves around bells and baubles, transforming Orchard Road into a magical world arrayed in glistening ornaments.
Delightful set pieces, including a 4-metre-high box of Christmas delights, adorned the street, making it a truly enchanting place to celebrate the season of giving and sharing.
Need a reason to head to Pedestrian Night with your loved one, friends or family?
Here, let me give you FIVE (5) reasons, based on my experience recently.
REASON 1: Being on Orchard and enjoying the festive vibe with entertainment provided.
It is NOT everyday that you can jay-walk and literally DANCE on the busiest stretch of Orchard Road! There are plenty of attractions to be entertained by, else come up with your own fun, like this pair of friends did.
Look ma! I’m on Orchard Road!
Like, standing in the MIDDLE of Orchard Road! LOL.
Live bands, parades, carolling. It was a festival of lights, sounds and play!
And whoa, hot half-naked men. Drools…
I was here to experience the Pedestrian Night for December on 5th December 2015.
The LAST one is in February 2016 (with one in January) so do try to make it!
REASON 2: It’s FREE and there are plenty of FREEBIES!
Think Christmas parades and Santa rides, fantastic shopping deals, activities and giveaways. Bring your loved ones and come celebrate.
TIP: Download the Orchard Road’s new mobile application, OneOrchard, which is available on both iTunes and Google Play.
This app allows you to claim special giveaways during the Pedestrian Night.
All you need to do is to sign up for an account on the OneOrchard App, download the vouchers at the ‘Star Deals’ section and redeem it during Pedestrian Night.
During the December instalment of Pedestrian Night, everyone was enjoying freebies such as sets of Shaw Theatres movie and popcorn combo vouchers. There were free ice cream and pH balancer water as well as wristband bottles.
As you can see, there are pretty santarinas to help you claim your freebies so just download the app and you will get your freebie (as long as stock last).
Yes yes aunty, like this…
I scream for ice cream!
With the same app, claim your complimentary photos at the two Christmas-themed photo booth complete with Christmas props and real life Santa Claus.
It was truly in the spirit of giving!
Quench your thirst with the mineral water giveaways by Hitachi Asia Ltd., the main sponsor for Christmas on A Great Street.
REASON 3: Fun times for the kids!
It’s marvelous and FREE (yes, I have to say it again) recreational fun for the little ones!
• Santa’s Ride by Eco-Rider
• Instant Polaroid Photo Booths
• Get moving and have fun at Coca-Cola Movement is HappinessTM Activity Area
• Christmas Parade
• Magician & Balloon Sculpting
Parents need not fear as there minders to keep the kids entertained and out of harm’s way.
REASON 4: In-mall promotions!
For example, during the December Pedestrian Night on 5th of December, these are some of the discounts offered by brands.
- Be spoilt with the little luxuries of Lawry’s Royal Tea Experience for two at $38++, before descending along Orchard Road for an evening of fun at the Pedestrian Night. The promotion is valid from 2.30pm – 5pm.
- Receive a $20 Metro Gift Voucher with a minimum purchase of $100 nett in a single receipt from 6pm – 9.30pm at Metro. Conditions apply.
- Indulge in a musical wonderland at Palais Renaissance B1, at 6.30pm and 7.30pm. The MUSA trio will incorporate Chinese music with Contemporary style at Palais Musical Nights with Steinway Spirio.
- Receive 15% off regular-priced items at Topman and Topshop at ION Orchard. Topman ION Orchard will be abuzz with activities such as DJ Spin from 4pm – 8pm and tourists will get a free Topman wallet with $100 nett spend at Topman ION Orchard.
- Enjoy 15% off regular-priced items at Dorothy Perkins Plaza Singapura.
Yes, shop shop shop!
How do you like my Dorothy Perkins heels and Forever 21 sportswear?
REASON 5: The best photos on Orchard.
Ok, it is true that there is a huge crowd but beautiful photos with the gorgeous lights is still possible with plenty of PATIENCE.
So, will I see you at the January and February Pedestrian Night 2016?
I might be there! 🙂
Download OneOrchard on your iPhones: https://goo.gl/fxOTBo
Download OneOrchard on your Android phones: https://goo.gl/aznl0Q
Orchard Road will be partially closed to vehicles from 6pm – 11pm. All malls and car parks remain open and accessible.
– See more at: http://www.orchardroad.org/event/5-december-pedestrian-night-highlights/#sthash.e2DLeTiH.dpuf
**At each Pedestrian Night, will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6 pm – 11pm, allowing visitors to experience an array of bustling activities across the entire space on the iconic shopping boulevard.